There are electric cars, planes, and now, powerboats. Introducing the RaceBird, which is touted as the world’s first all-electric single pilot foiling powerboat. Weighing in at 1763-pounds, the powerboat has an outboard electric motor paired with a Kreisel battery making 201 hp (150 kw), which is good for a top speed of 58 mph. It has a range of 50 nautical miles when fully charged and thanks to its hydrofoil technology, it appears to fly on water rather than just float. Read more for two videos and additional information.
Unfortunately, the debut E1World Electric Powerboat Series isn’t until 2023, but the RaceBird team says that fans will be able to view the powerboat in the water soon during trade shows and other events. To showcase some of its abilities, the team filmed a demonstration on the River Po in Italy, complete with autonomous buoys and cornering profiles.
DJI FPV Combo – First-Person View Drone UAV Quadcopter with 4K Camera, S Flight Mode, Super-Wide 150° FOV, HD Low-Latency Transmission, Emergency Brake and Hover, Gray
- IMMERSIVE FLIGHT EXPERIENCE: Feel the thrill of immersive flight provided by the DJI FPV Goggles V2 and DJI FPV’s super-wide 150° FOV, giving you an ultra-smooth, real-time view of your flight.
- 4K/60FPS VIDEO: The DJI FPV aircraft can record 4K/60fps video at up to 120 Mbps, capturing crisp details that make footage look as exhilarating as the flight.
- BRAND-NEW S MODE: Get the dynamic look of FPV footage easily in S mode. This hybrid flight mode combines the freedom of flying manually with the simplified controls of previous DJI drones.
- ADVANCED SAFETY FEATURES: An auxiliary bottom light, Smart Return to Home (RTH), Low Battery RTH, and forward and downward obstacle sensing are all integrated into DJI FPV to help ensure a safe flight, even at high speeds.
- OCUSYNC 3.0 TRANSMISSION SYSTEM: Enjoy crystal-clear real-time and HD Low-Latency Transmission video, even at distances of up to 6.2 miles.
Seeing the RaceBird fly proves to me that we can use this exciting, new sporting platform to drive technological innovation in the marine industry and create something spectacular for fans in the cities we visit,” said Alejandro Agag, Co-Founder & Chairman of E1.