Looking to install iOS 16 beta? Here are the bugs list so far that you may need to know about before going ahead and installing the beta on your iPhone or iPad.
Please note that you must report all bugs to Apple. That’s the whole point of the beta program. You can report all bugs to Apple either through their developer website or through the built-in Feedback Assistant app on your iPhone or iPad.
This list basically serves as a guide to mark all knows bugs and issues found by us in iOS 16 and iPadOS 16 betas that can help any newbie to take a informed decision on whether he or she should go ahead and install iOS 16 beta on their device or not.
So, without further ado, here’s a full list of bugs and issues that we have found so far in both iOS 16 beta and iPadOS 16 beta. This post is up to date as of the latest beta 2 version of iOS 16 and iPadOS 16.
iOS 16 / iPadOS 16 Beta Knows Bugs And Issues
- Most banking apps still crash or don’t work properly. This is expected to remain the case till the end of beta cycle.
- Music widget does not appear consistently on the Lock Screen
- CarPlay works unreliably
- Find iPhone icon on Apple Watch does not flash the iPhone light
- The roundabout icon in Maps app on CarPlay is messed up
- Apple Music crashes with most third-party Bluetooth devices
- Locked photos may show up while using Spotlight search
- Dark mode on some websites will not work on Safari in iPadOS
- Default landscape orientation for apps/videos is on right side when it should be on left side
- 4G or 5G service might not work great on some carriers
- Lag in playback of videos in Photos app
- iCloud sync may not work reliably for some
- Safari on iPadOS has glitches
- CarPlay new wallpaper still missing
- News app may crash on both iPhone and iPad
- Kindle app may crash on iPad and iPhone
- ESPN app crashing at launch
- No charge percentage indicator when charging on Lock screen
- While heating issue has been fixed, FaceTime app still makes the iPhone warmer than it should
- Even if you turn off iCloud Photos Library, the Photos app still seems to be syncing photos with iCloud
- WiFi issues may occur on older devices like iPhone X and iPhone 8
- Incoming texts don’t play sound when using CarPlay
- Lag or delay in opening Spotlight and closing it after you are done using it
- Personal Hotspot cannot be disabled with Screen Time or parental controls
- Devices like iPhone X and older might still overheat when in use
- Lookup won’t pull the correct definitions or meanings for emojis
- Touch may not work responsibly on some devices
If you have noticed any issue not listed above, feel free to share it with us in comments section below.
We will keep this list updated throughout the beta release lifecycle.
You may also like to check out:
- Jailbreak iOS 15.5 On iPhone And iPad Status Update
- Download: iOS 15.5 Final IPSW Links, OTA Files Along With iPadOS 15.5 Released
- iOS 16 Beta Compatible And Supported iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- iOS 16 Beta 2 Download IPSW Links For iPhone, iPad Released
- iOS 16 Public Beta 1 Release Date Announced
- iOS 16 Beta 2 Profile File Download Of OTA Update Without Dev Account Out Now
- iOS 16 Beta 3 Download And Release Date: Here’s When To Expect It From Apple
- Download iOS 16 Beta 2 IPSW Links And Install On iPhone 13, Pro, 12, Pro, 11, Pro, XS Max, X, XR, 8, Plus, iPad [Tutorial]