Dedicated Server Hosting in India is not a new concept. Businesses looking for a private and secure web hosting plans end up buying a Dedicated Hosting Server for their website. Dedicated Hosting offers a number of benefits over other platforms which includes consistency and scalability, in addition to privacy and security. But a company cannot just buy a Dedicated Server and leave it at that.
It needs a capable web admin with the requisite domain knowledge to run and manage a Dedicated Server setup, especially Linux Dedicated Server Hosting. They need the right tools to do their job properly. A control panel is one of the tools that helps a web admin to manage their website. A web-based control panel lets them do their job efficiently, without getting too much into the nitty-gritty.
Here’s how they manage Dedicated Server Hosting setup with a web-based control panel.
What is a control panel?
A control panel is a centralised dashboard that provides access to essential controls for managing a website. Most hosting providers bundle control panels with their upper-tier hosting plans. A good control panel reduces the time and effort of managing a website. It manages this by:
- Automating repetitive tasks such as monitoring, permission management and backups.
- Simplifying complex procedures, like server creation and configuration.
- Giving timely alerts whenever needed, such as support requests.
These are some of the basic functionalities that a control panel enables. But control panels can be very powerful and can do so much more with a host of advanced features.
The power of control panels
A web-based control panel assists a site administrator in essential tasks of website management. Some of these tasks include one-time jobs, such as setting up the server and configuring it. Other tasks are routine jobs such as updating software, user creation, backups and permission management. Here are some tasks that a typical control panel handles.
- Account Administration: A control panel lets you handle all account management tasks like plan renewals, password updations and user profile management.
- Domain Management: It lets you manage complex tasks like domain renewals, DNS editing, MX records, IP addresses, registering new domains, domain forwarding and subdomain management.
- One-click Installations: A website uses many applications and software like different Content Management Systems or other important web applications. A one-click installer helps you to install such software with just one click.
- Email Management: This is a crucial task that is also one of the most tedious. It involves many repetitive tasks like setting up new accounts, spam filters, email forwarders and managing email accounts.
- Database Management: Your website’s database holds all its crucial data and needs regular monitoring to ensure that everything stays in working order.
- File Management: Your website uses many files in the backend that need to be updated all the time. A control panel allows you to exchange files using services like SFTP.
- Backup Management: Many control panels offer backup facilities that make it easy to back up your website regularly.
- Support Management: You can implement support features like live support and ticket management with the right control panel.
With these features, a web-based control panel makes managing your Dedicated Server Hosting easy.
You can also check out the following video for tips to get the most out of your Dedicated Hosting Server –